FAMilies loving Students
Need quiet time away from the hectic academic world, adult advice, home cooking, and maybe the use of a washer and dryer? Consider getting foster by a family at Redeemer.
This is a low-pressure relationship that is all about serving you and helping to provide a home away from home.
A HOST FAMILY IS ENCOURAGED TO:
1. Pray for the student(s)
2. Have students over for a family dinner
3. Invite them to church
4. Provide care packages or encouraging notes
5. Share what God is doing in your life
6. Invite students to fun activities in the area
A HOST FAMILY IS NOT EXPECTED TO:
`1. Have students live or stay in their home
2. Keep “hosting” the same student(s) every year (unless both parties agree)
3. Use the student as a convenient labor force. (Asking them to babysitting, help with yard work, etc. is acceptable when cultivating that encouraging relationship is of first priority.)
4. Attend Light Collective events (though church members are always welcome).
WANT TO BECOME A HOST FAMILY?
1. Fill out the attached application. (family application)
2. Send a recent photo of your family to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO BECOME A FOSTER STUDENT?
1. Fill out the attached application. (student application)
2. Send a recent photo of yourself to email@example.com.